G-Technology G-RAID Storage System with Removable Drives
The G-RAID Storage System with Removable Drives from G-Technology is an external hard drive array that is formatted for use with Macs but can be reformatted for Windows computers. The G-RAID features multiple RAID options, removable enterprise drives and several high speed ports all in an aluminum enclosure with smart fan technology that helps cool the hard drives during operation.
The G-RAID is preconfigured in RAID 0 in order to deliver transfer speeds up to 300 MB/s but also supports RAID 1 or JBOD. Data is protected if one drive fails with RAID 1 which copies the same data on both drives with storage capacity reduced by half, where as RAID 0 shares the data between both drives for faster access. JBOD lets you combine both drives into one large logical drive.
Since it offers USB 3.0, eSATA and two FireWire ports you can easily share this drive to multiple desktops and notebooks. Inside the box, G-Technology has given you all the necessary cables you may need to start using the G-RAID with your computer.
- Interface: 1 x USB 3.0 (compatible with USB 2.0) | 1 x eSATA | 2 x FireWire 800
- RAID Configuration: Preconfigured in RAID 0 (Configurable in RAID 1, and JBOD)
- Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
- Transfer Rate: 300 MB/s (In RAID 0)
- System Requirements: Mac OS 10.7 and higher | Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (reformat required)
- Mounting: Desktop
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 5.1 x 3.6 x 9.9" / 13 x 9.1 x 25.3 cm
- Weight: 6.3 lb / 2.9 kg