G-Technology G-RAID USB G1 Removable Dual-Drive Storage System
Share this Product
G-Technology G-RAID USB G1 16TB Removable Dual-Drive Storage System (2 x 4TB)/(2 x 6TB)/(2 x 8TB)
Add the speed and storage capabilities of RAID and USB 3.0 to your Mac and Windows system using the G-RAID USB G1 16TB Removable Dual-Drive Storage System (2 x 4TB)/(2 x 6TB)/(2 x 8TB) from G-Technology. This array features 2 x SATA III 6 Gb/s drive bays, each of which holds one removable 8TB Enterprise-class hard drive, for a total capacity of 16TB. Each drive also has a rotational speed of 7200 rpm to allow for combined read and write speeds of up to 400 MB/s. While the G-RAID USB is built with a USB 3.0 interface, it is also compatible with USB 2.0 technology. Please bear in mind that the maximum read and write speeds are dependent on several factors, such as whether a USB 2.0 or a USB 3.0 connection is used, whether the drive is configured as RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD, and more.
The G-RAID USB features an internal RAID controller which supports hardware RAID 0 (optimized for performance), RAID 1 (optimized for data protection), or JBOD. This will allow users to access, browse, edit, and backup their digital library. It is well suited for storage-intensive applications, such as audio/video editing, digital photography, music libraries, data backup, and more. This array also uses a smart cooling fan to help ensure quiet operation, a long life, and data reliability, as well as an all-aluminum enclosure to help increase its durability.
While the G-RAID USB is compatible with both Mac and Windows, it comes pre-formatted for Mac OS 10.7 and later. When reformatted for Windows, it is compatible with Windows 8.1, 8, and 7. Included with this storage array is a USB 3.0 cable, a power cable, and an AC power adapter.
- Two removable Enterprise-class hard drives
- USB 3.0 interface (compatible with USB 2.0)
- User configurable hardware RAID can be set to RAID 0 (performance), RAID 1 (protected), and JBOD
- Data transfer speeds up to 400 MB/s are well-suited for photo and video editing
- A smart cooling fan helps to ensure quiet operation, a long life, and data reliability
- The housing is built with an all-aluminum enclosure
- Formatted for Mac, but this storage array may be reformatted for Windows
- Interface: 1 x USB 3.0
- RAID: Pre-configured as RAID 0, also configurable to RAID 1
- Drive Bays: 2 x SATA III 6 Gb/s
- Rotational Speed: 7200 rpm
- System Requirements Mac OS 10.7+ | Windows 8.1, 8, and 7 (via reformat)
- Dimensions: Not specified by manufacturer
- Weight: Not specified by manufacturer