The Parrot AR.Drone is the first quadricopter that can be controlled by a smartphone or tablet. By tilting your device, you control the direction of your AR.Drone, and by releasing it, the AR.Drone is instantly stabilized. Thanks to the AR.Drone’s autopilot feature, anyone can be an expert as the AR.Drone allows for an easy take-off and landing.
Motors: Fly High. Fly Fast.
- 3 elements 1,000 mAH LiPo rechargeable battery
- Specific high pitch propeller for great maneuverability
- 8 MIPS AVR CPU per motor controller
- 4 brushless inrunner motors with micro ball bearing and rare earth magnets, 14.5 watt & 28,500 rpm when hovering
- Self-lubricating bronze bearings, tempered steel proper shafts
- Low noise Nylatron gears for 8.625 propeller shafts
- Emergency stop controlled by software
- Fully reprogrammable motor controller
- Water resistant electronic motor controller
AR.Drone 2.0 on-board technology gives you extreme precision control and automatic stabilization features.
- 16Hz 32 bit ARM Cortex A8 processor with 800MHz video DSP TMS320DMC64x
- 16bit DDR2 RAM at 200MHz
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- 3 axis accelerometer +/- 50mg precision
- 3 axis gyroscope 2000 degree/second precision
- Pressure sensor +/- 10 Pa precision (80cm / 2.6 feet at sea level)
- 60 fps vertical QVGA camera for ground speed measurement
- 3 axis magnetometer 6 degree precision
- Ultrasound sensors for ground altitude measurement
- Linux 2.6.32
- USB 2.0 high speed for extensions
- Outdoor hull designed for flight outside